Fort Meade MD US
Sr. Software Engineer (RPA)
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Sr. Software Engineer (RPA) for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Develop robotic process automation (RPA) bots using Automation Anywhere and UiPath.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using CloudBees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, plus 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 60 days of start date.
- Experience developing robotic process automation bots in Automation Anywhere and/or UiPath.
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Web development experience using UI frameworks, such as React.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience developing software in a cloud-based containerized environment using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Hold an active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
JBLDJ // Equal Opportunity Employer // R-00071773