Fort Meade, Maryland
Pay Plan: ES, Grade: 03/1 to 03/6
Open: 2022-01-07, Close: 2022-01-26
Serves in an official position of Defense Senior Executive Level Leader regardless of his/her organizational level. Assures that the Agency achieves its mission by developing its major programs, goals, and plans. Responsible for the overall success or failure of Agency programs and initiatives, and delegates program implementation tasks–the day-to-day or functional work activities–to mid-level managers. Considers Agency goals and performance strategically, by setting the Agency’s overall direction via its strategic plans. As a result, often works with people and organizations outside his/her immediate organization–to include the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense at large–to defend controversial or critical long-range NSA plans. Provides authoritative advice, serves as NSA spokesperson, and is ultimately accountable for effective and efficient Agency operations and its compliance with policy (to include approving out-year budget documents). Exhibits leadership competencies and behaviors for all to follow, as well as offers mentoring opportunities to subordinates to ensure the development of a cadre of future Senior Leaders.
The Workforce Support Activities (WSA) Directorate is seeking a dynamic leader to be the first Chief of the Talent Learning and Development Group. The group consolidates learning (National Cryptologic School) and development (Workforce Development Group) functions to provide an array of education, training, professional development, career guidance, and leader development services, including 26 Skill Communities and 47 Career Development Programs. The group assures mission readiness by ensuring a ready workforce across 8 campuses and approximately 20 additional locations around the world with over 100 curricula and more than 1100 courses. The group also superintends training standards and operational requirements for cryptologic training at military cryptologic service schools and maintains oversight and direction of military and civilian cryptologic and cryptologic-related training in the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC) enterprise-wide.
Key objectives include:
– Build a shared organizational vision, set realistic but challenging goals, create collaborative constructs, and deliver outcomes that result in seamless end-to-end learning and development opportunities for the NSA workforce at all stages of career growth
– Deliver an integrated presentation of learning and development curricula and services across the Enterprise such that access is agnostic of organizational hierarchy and solutions are dynamic and cross-organizationally sourced
– Establish the TL&D Requirements Council to achieve an integrated Agency approach to establishing TL&D priorities for learning and development
– Champion the cultivation of virtual and self-help paradigms for networking with solution providers and, where appropriate, delivery of learning and development content
– Nurture the group’s collaborative relationship with the IC and DoD in fulfillment of the IC Education and Training Strategy and Implementation Plan and other programs and relationships related to talent health and development
– Build a team of highly-motivated, imaginative and hard-charging professionals with associated skills necessary to drive a culture of change that will result in the group’s long term success
– Determine and maintain the optimal mix of civilian, military and contractor skills to address continuing and surge requirements
– Develop and implement group strategic plans, goals and performance metrics
– Assess workforce characteristics and future needs based on the Agency’s mission and strategic plan
– Foster a close and continuing partnership among TL&D, Security & Counterintelligence and Installations & Logistics to best design and implement WSA priorities in an organized and cohesive manner
– Encourage an inclusive, diverse environment that values all employees’ perspectives and experiences
– Set conditions for workforce members to feel productive, fulfilled, and valued
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
SALARY: Up to $203,700
WORK ROLE: Senior Leader
LOCATION: Ft. George G. Meade, MD
FULL/PART TIME: FULL TIME
Periodic extended hours may be necessary.
International and domestic travel may be required.
The incumbent is subject to random drug and polygraph testing.
This position requires a TOP SECRET clearance and SPECIAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION (SBI)
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Additionally, the Federal Government requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated at the time of employment, subject to exceptions as required by law.
Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
JBNSA JBNSATNG JBNSAHRM / Equal Opportunity Employer / 1176190