Fort Meade, Maryland
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 11/1 to 15/10
Open: 2022-09-22, Close: 2022-11-22
From managing funding invested in workforce training to overseeing development of the most innovative and classified technologies, program managers maximize the impact of every dollar by guiding programs to succeed. Duties may include:
– Establishing and managing cost, schedule and performance baselines for acquisition programs
– Implementing best practices and processes to track progress of services and development of capabilities in terms of defined cost, schedule, and performance outcomes
– Adjusting priorities and resource allocation based upon objective program performance data
– Providing data-driven metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making
– Establishing governance processes for program and related reviews
– Overseeing testing that satisfies Department of Defense/Director of National Intelligence/Industry guidelines while demonstrating that an acceptable level of customer expectations were assessed and met
– Leveraging data and analysis from systems engineers, configuration managers, contracting officers, and/or financial managers to inform program performance measures
– Providing program status reports and briefings to internal management, NSA senior leadership and government oversight officials in the DoD, ODNI, and Congress
– Collaborating with senior executive leaders, senior technical leaders, system engineers, and fellow program managers to further develop and advance strategic vision and goals
– If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting and Program Management under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) within 24 months of employment
The National Security Agency currently has opportunities for experienced Program Managers to oversee cost, schedule, and performance for acquisition programs. Program Managers at NSA deliver positive foreign intelligence and cybersecurity outcomes for the nation, from managing funding invested in workforce training to overseeing development of the most innovative and classified technologies.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
DEGREE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Degree must be in a Business Field (e.g., Program Management, Business Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, and Economics) or a Technical Field (e.g., Engineering, Systems Management, Computer Science, and Information Technology).
Relevant experience must be in program management (e.g., trend and forecast analysis, earned value management, cost benefit analysis, balanced scorecard, activity based costing, life cycle cost estimating, activity based budgeting, and gap analysis).
Managing DoD and IC sponsored programs and DAWIA certification in program management or equivalent certification is preferred.
Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree and no experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
Senior level positions require a Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 4 years of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree plus 2 years of relevant experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position. Formal or informal supervisory experience is required.
Expert level positions require a Bachelor’s degree plus 9 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 7 years of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree plus 5 years of relevant experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 13 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 11 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position. Formal supervisory experience is required.
The ideal candidate:
– Easily juggles multiple priorities and deadlines
– Communicates clearly and builds positive working relationships
– Successfully collaborates in a blended work environment with civilian, military, and contractor personnel
– Can conduct quantitative and qualitative program/project analyses such as earned value management
– Known as a leader of people and/or projects and is trusted with a significant level of responsibility
– Can think in big (long term strategic planning) and small (monitoring contract details) terms to deliver program requirements
– Understands information technology and telecommunication programs, programs, tools and processes is a plus
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary offers are based on candidates’ education and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
Salary ranges vary by location and work level.
Salary Range: $74,950 – $176,300 (Experienced, Senior, Expert Levels).
On-the job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How to apply
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
JBNSA / Equal Opportunity Employer