El Segundo California Top Secret – Current
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is looking to staff a Senior Mission Assurance Manager. This position reports to the Space Systems Mission Assurance Director.
**Successful candidate can work in El Segundo, CA or Aurora, CO**
The Senior Mission Assurance Manager will implement and manage a Mission Assurance and Quality Program encompassing customer requirements for a new, challenging and innovative space program. The selected professional will create quality and mission assurance plans and documents to administer customer and internal requirements for the RI&S program team and supply base. The Senior Mission Assurance Manager is responsible for representing Mission Assurance on program leadership and integrated product teams, and planning and implementing the program quality and mission assurance system consistent with internal and customer requirements. The Senior Mission Assurance Manager is responsible for the planned and systematic set of activities for performing independent reviews and assessments of program performance, including independent technical assessments of systems engineering, Quality Assurance, lessons learned, technology, production and programmatic (cost, schedule, quality and risks) practices assuring supplier Quality Management System processes are defined and implemented.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Execute Mission Assurance responsibilities as a member of the space program leadership team.
- Ensure programmatic and technical risks are identified, contained, and managed throughout each phase of proposal and program execution.
- Ensure Quality Assurance engagement during engineering development, design and test requirements verification, including the transition of design into initial demonstration units, followed by production.
- Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools.
- Manage business and program performance utilizing predictive and proactive measures and metrics.
- Possess the ability to maintain positive relationships with program management, cross-functional program leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives.
- Define and communicate MA program planning based on requirements and agreed-upon program mission risk classification.
- Participate in the program tailoring process to ensure tasks (including, but not limited to, Mission Assurance and Quality) are appropriately addressed in the proposal and program planning efforts and collaborate with functions to assure alignment across documents and processes.
- Identify and mitigate cost, schedule, technical and quality risks as a member of the Program Risk and Opportunity Management Board (ROMB). Solicit inputs from supporting System Assurance and Hardware, Software and Supplier Assurance personnel.
- Ensure Mission Assurance requirements, deliverables and major milestones are included in the program plan.
- Review contractual documentation to assure correct and consistent flow down of customer mission and/or quality requirements to the program leadership team, functional teams and subcontractors/suppliers.
- Present MA status at program and technical reviews.
- Chair or co-chair program Corrective Action Board (CAB) or equivalent methods assuring measures and metrics support program and mission objectives.
- Team with program and all functions in programmatic and technical problem resolution.
- Integrate MA processes and work products into digital engineering and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) toolsets.
- Assure the program’s compliance to business and contractual requirements.
- Lead Mission Assurance teams in performing to expectation and mentoring individuals in talent enhancement.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires a U.S. Top Secret Clearance on day one of employment.
Domestic travel is required (~40%).
Relocation Assistance Provided
- Minimum of 12 years leadership in Mission Assurance, Quality, Engineering, Operations or Business with working knowledge of business strategic planning and proposal, engineering development, material and services acquisition, production, test, product acceptance and post-delivery support
- The ability to lead, coach and mentor others in routine settings and difficult situations
- Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems
- Working knowledge of Industry and Government Mission Assurance Requirements and Standards, and the ability to tailor the application of requirements and standards across the spectrum of operational (Class A) to demonstration/experimental (Class C/D) missions
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering, reliability, space parts, materials and processes, and system safety disciplines
- Experience as member or leader of a program Risk & Opportunity Management Board (ROMB)
- Experience as member or chair of Material nonconformance and Failure review boards (MRB/FRB)
- Experience in predictive and proactive measures and metrics, assessments and leading actions to improve performance or mitigate problems
- Experience in Earned Value Management and Cost Account Management
- Application and adherence to Quality Management Systems IS0 9001, AS9100
- Working knowledge of Raytheon Technologies Root Cause Analysis Systems (RCAS) or a proven closed-loop corrective action system
- Strong written/verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working at a prime contractor on a government space payload or spacecraft program
- Experience with Raytheon Technologies gating or program phasing (nonrecurring/recurring activities)
- Raytheon Technologies Six Sigma or Industry Six Sigma Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Manager
- Working knowledge of model based systems engineering and digital engineering approaches and toolsets (e.g. Cameo Enterprise Architect)
- Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 12 years prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRTX // Equal Opportunity Employer