MCLEAN, VA TS/SCI with Poly
SAIC is looking for a Chinese (Mandarin) Senior Linguist and cultural expert to work with a diverse team of linguists, intelligence analysts and collection specialists focusing on space and counterspace issues. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of Government and contractor personnel in a diverse, evolving, high-profile environment with limited supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Demonstrates advanced research methods in social media, open source and classified forums in Chinese language
– Leverages linguistic, cultural and historical knowledge to assess Chinese intentions and capabilities in the area of interest
– Provides direct support to intelligence operations and analysis efforts
– Produces oral and written incident, threat and information reports
– Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
– Active TS/SCI w/poly
– Minimum DLPT 3/3 or equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Chinese (Mandarin)
– At least 3-5 years of US military and/or Intelligence Community experience
– Knowledge of military terminology, structure and operations (space-related experience is a discriminator)
– Excellent English-language writing and briefing skills
– Ability to execute multiple tasks on multiple projects simultaneously
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC’s vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC’s vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
JBSAI // Equal Opportunity Employer