Clearance Requires? Secret (Tier 3)
Vectrus strives to bring high performance, operational excellence, and customer focus to every aspect of our business. Part of our operational excellence is providing clear and professional reporting to our internal and external customers. This helps to ensure transparency and understanding for everyone doing business with us. We’re seeking dedicated innovators and achievers to help us continue on our mission to provide operational excellence and customer focus to multiple programs we are leading. As a Technical Editor at Vectrus, you will be responsible for content of technical documentation. This will include simple checks on documents for spelling, grammar, and content problems (e.g., missing instructions or sections; redundant or unnecessary sections) but will also include compliance checks on contractual requirements and company standards. You will help ensure the accuracy of content by following up with program experienced individuals to ensure all thoughts and conclusions are reported and documented in an accurate and coherent way.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
• Oversee the preparation, review cycle, editing, and maintenance of technical documentation, within the technical writing function.
• Create and enhance the standard and architecture documentation created by the Engineering Division.
• Develop document outlines and drafts to meet customer and contract specifications.
• Collect and organize input material for documentation.
• Check technical content ensuring compliance with customer requirements.
• Establish, coordinate, and maintain documentation schedules.
• Coordinate engineering support for technical documentation input and review.
• Conduct the technical review process and ensure project engineers approve and redline documents.
• Ensure approved changes are incorporated into the final document and track changes.
• Ensure all documentation is complete and in proper format prior to delivery to the customer.
• Establish and maintain policies for documentation preparation, review, and maintenance.
• Review and analyze document changes.
• Provide project planning support to assigned managers.
• Handle technical documentation deliverables to include preparation, review cycle, editing, and maintenance within the technical writing function.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, network equipment and other general office equipment.
Work will be conducted in an office environment.
Minimum two (2) years’ experience in writing, editing, and managing DoD technical documentation, to include both classified and unclassified material.
Experience in classified document marking and handling.
Experience in classified document tracking.
Familiarity with documentation and data formatting tools such as Microsoft Office.
Active SECRET Security Clearance.
• Associates (2) year degree from an accredited College or University in Technical Writing or a related field.
• Expert in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Visio, and Adobe software.
• Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure.
EEO: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
JBVTR // Equal Opportunity Employer // 10174