Vectrus strives to bring high performance, operational excellence, and customer focus to every aspect of our business. In a rapidly changing and complex world, we continue to push to be a top innovator and achiever in the software development field and are proud to serve in our country’s defense. We’re seeking dedicated innovators and achievers to help us expand on our mission to provide high quality software solutions in the areas of RF modeling/simulation, spectrum sharing, and interference deconfliction applications. As a Software Engineer at Vectrus, you will provide support to multiple DoD Program Offices as well as our commercial customers. You will perform as a key member or our software development team to develop full software applications, RF modeling applications, quick-response custom tailored software applications, and many other related software engineering tasks.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Major Job Activities:
• Work as part of an agile software development team to implement multi-user database-driven RF spectrum deconfliction and related software applications for our customers.
• Provide quick-response tailored software to meet evolving customer requirements.
• Design/develop/modify software anywhere in the stack from the web front end to the back end.
• Determine root cause of complex software issues.
• Profile tools and improve performance as required.
• Write software documentation and justify software development process to customers as required.
• Develop custom propagation analysis tools and models using object-oriented languages.
• Coordinate with our customers and other team members to ensure problem resolution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction.
• Work with our team to conduct software engineering best practices, such as code reviews, unit testing, and software static analysis. Be able to implement new software development process metrics as required by our customers.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
Real-Time Spectrum Analyzers (RSA), Signal Generators, servers, and high-performance developer computers.
Work will be performed in an office environment approximately 90% of the time. Some laboratory work may be required. Local travel is required with the possibility of regional and international travel roughly 5 to 10% of the time.
Bachelor’s (4 year) degree from an accredited College or University in a related Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Programming, or related field with:
• Six (6) years’ experience in the areas of software development in support of Navy, Joint, and Multi-national Operational Spectrum Management or National Administrative Spectrum Management data exchange formats.
• Six (6) years’ experience in the development of automated software, algorithms, and tools to identify and mitigate EMI of Navy RF communications, combat systems, electronic warfare systems, and navigation aids.
• Six (6) years’ experience conducting software testing at multiple levels (unit, integration, system), performing analyses to predict and quantify software constraints, defining/designing corrective measures, and operational implementation of software systems in the U.S. and allied Navy operational environment.
• Two (2) years’ experience in the preparation of technical documents, which include software test plans/reports and analytical evaluation of software performance in realistic operational Navy environments and scenarios.
• Two (2) years’ experience updating/maintaining fleet spectrum.
• Active SECRET Security Clearance.
• Expert in Full Stack Software development to include web development frameworks (i.e. Angular or React) and Back-End Technologies (RDBMS, C++/C#/Java, Docker).
• Highly proficient in multi-user and multi-threaded application development, test-driven development (TDD), and agile development methodologies such as SCRUM.
• Previous experience developing Real Time Spectrum Management applications.
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
JBVTR // Equal Opportunity Employer // 11951