The Quality Control Inspector- Water position is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in directing and managing Quality Assurance, Quality Control, audit/inspection of testing procedures, regulation and processes/functions related to Water Treatment and Water Distribution for the Vectrus Naval Station Guantanamo Bay Base Operations Program. This position will be integral for implementation and maintenance of the program’s Quality Management System and ensures it complies with ISO 9001 Quality Management Principles and Water Treatment and Water Distribution regulatory entities.
Conducts Compliance, Surveillance and Special Audits/Inspections within all Water Treatment and Water Distribution functional/ operational areas
Develops Audit Plans/Audit Schedules; prepares Audit Checklists specific to processes being audited
Initiates Corrective Action with nonconformities are found
Coordinates Corrective Action Work Groups with Program Management and Functional Area Leader to implement Corrective/Preventive Action planning and/or Opportunities for Improvements
Performs Root Cause Analysis of process failures and nonconformities and assists in the development of Corrective/Preventive Actions Plans as required
Performs follow up audits to determine completeness and effectiveness of Corrective/Preventive Action Plans
Gathers data, conducts statistical and trend analysis; conducts process reviews and performance metrics (Key Performance Indicators) to assists in measuring process performance and continuous improvement
Assists in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Participates as required, in Quality and Management meetings and/ or partnering meetings with Internal and External Customers
• BS or BA degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Three years of Quality Audit/Inspection experience required
• ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Certification required
• Water Treatment Operator Grade III (T3) Certification and Water Distribution Operator Grade III (D3) Certification required
• If applicant does not possess Water Treatment Operator Grade III (T3) Certification and Water Distribution Operator Grade III (D3) Certification must be obtained within six months of hire.
• Must be proficient PC skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player who can work efficiently with minimal supervision
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
JBVTR // Equal Opportunity Employer // 18258