Linguist (Multiple Languages)
LAMP · Washinton DC, District of Columbia
A2 Federal is seeking linguists to support linguistic efforts in the Washington DC Metro Area and other locations across CONUS and OCONUS.
Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance
The candidate will be responsible for a wide range of linguistic functions, specifically translation, transcription, and interpretation. Additionally, other linguistic services such as collection, content management, language training, quality control, and writing analysis will be required. The candidate’s efforts will support the U.S. Interagency to drive mission requirements and customer production.
- Near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in at least one of the following languages: Arabic, North African Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Burmese, Chinese (Mandarin), Farsi, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Kurdish, Malay, Pashto, Russian, Slovak, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, or Ukrainian
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Must have 10+ years of professional work experience. Minimum ILR 5-/5+ for translation or interpretation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Must have 5-10 years of professional work experience. Minimum ILR 4-/4+ for translation or interpretation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Must have 1-5 years of professional work experience. Minimum ILR 3-/3+ for translation or interpretation
- Must also have near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English
- Have a good understanding of regional dialects
- Adhere to translation/transcription/interpretation protocols
- Can review another linguist’s work for accuracy of content and quality of written expression commensurate with his/her own ability as a translator
- Translate a wide variety of complex texts that may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing
- Capture subtleties, nuance, tone and register
- Text might include commentary reflecting specific culture to analysis to argumentation. Must capture meaning of socio-cultural elements embedded in text
- Able to interpret at virtually all levels, including complex or highly complex idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy
- Has excellent command in terms of speaking and comprehension of one or more dialects
- Can successfully render expressions specific to a culture, and convey almost all subtleties and nuances appropriately
- Reviews audio materials writes/transcribes information from the target language into English with a high-degree of accuracy and expression.
- Must be familiar with the communications collection equipment and have basic knowledge on its operation
- Must be familiar with basic investigative terminology and trends and any relative concerns regarding the investigations
- Must be familiar with minimization requirements for intercepted communications and proper handling instructions
JBA2F A2 Federal // An Equal Opportunity Employer