|What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon Technologies, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
A global business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) brings customers the industry’s most advanced end-to-end solutions, delivering the advantage of one innovative partner to detect, track and defeat threats. RMD supports 29 countries around the world with a broad portfolio which includes air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, command and control systems, and advanced defense technologies. RMD provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base; we are one team with the expertise to look across the entire mission area and quickly deliver comprehensive solutions.
Capabilities Analysis & Assessment
The Capabilities Analysis & Assessment (CA&A) organization is a customer-focused group within RMD Requirements & Capabilities (R&C) with a hybrid engineering/business development focus, and with a lead role for Operational Analysis, Modeling and Simulation (OA/M&S) for new business development and for building/strengthening customer relationships. CA&A works closely with Engineering, and is responsible for developing the system- and system-of-systems OA/M&S stories across RMD Mission Areas, products, technologies and concepts that lead to new RMD bookings. In addition, CA&A has a dual-hatted role supporting Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS), and is responsible for OA/M&S products as needed to support RIS customer relationships and bookings, in particular as they involve both RIS and RMD systems and technologies.
The Director, Global Capabilities Analysis & Assessment will lead the CA&A team in Washington, DC, and is responsible for OA/M&S for RMD solutions supporting Global and COCOM customer relationships and bookings across all RMD Mission Areas. The position requires an individual with extensive Operational Analysis leadership experience and detailed technical working knowledge across RMD Mission Areas, RTX and competitor products, emerging technologies, and system-of-systems kill chains. The position involves extensive work understanding the needs and candidate architectural solutions both for international customers and for US Combatant Commanders, so a passion for developing, analyzing and assessing Global solutions to complex military problems is a must.
The position entails considerable interaction at the RMD/RIS Mission Area VP level for consensus-building and vetting of technical solutions, so strong collaborative and consensus-building skills are required. The position is also responsible through CA&A’s dual-hatted role to RIS for OA/M&S supporting RIS Business Development and Mission Areas, in particular as they pertain to Global or COCOM solutions. The position requires frequent external interaction with both domestic and international customers at the General/Flag Officer and Senior Government Civilian level, so experience and comfort interacting at this level is required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead OA/M&S efforts across all RMD Mission Areas for bookings and customer relationships related to Global and COCOM solutions;
- Lead the development and evolution of Country Defense Designs for International customers;
- Lead the OA/M&S for solutions to meet COCOM and Component Commander needs, including responses to IPLs, JEONS and JUONS;
- Lead System-of-Systems OA/M&S efforts and end-to-end kill chain analyses to support RMD and RIS bookings and customer relationships;
- Provide leadership for teams of direct reporting and matrixed analysts located in Washington, DC and across other RMD and RTX locations;
- Provide hands-on storyboarding, technical and analytical leadership, and quality-control for a large number of projects (often occurring simultaneously) spanning all RMD Mission Areas, products and technologies, with a focus on Global and COCOM solutions;
- Interact regularly with RMD and RIS Mission Area Vice Presidents and R&C/BD Leadership to build consensus, establish priorities, vet products, and ensure that CA&A analysis is aligned with priorities, plans and needs;
- Interact regularly with RMD international and domestic customers at the General/Flag Officer and Senior Government civilian leadership level to present analysis results showing how RMD/RIS capabilities and concepts address customer capability needs;
- Plan and manage a multi-million dollar annual budget;
- Exercise hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority for reporting staff;
- Conduct business travel, including international travel, as needed for planning, strategy, project execution and customer interaction.
This position requires a current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Minimum of 14 years technical experience with complex military systems, including experience in Operational Analysis.
- Broad working knowledge of emerging threats, US and international military capabilities, and operational modes of employment and CONOPS;
- Extensive experience briefing and building consensus with Senior Leadership
- Must be available to travel domestically on a monthly basis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- United States Citizenship
- A current US DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Strong, hands-on technical leaderships skills for OA/M&S of military systems, system-of-systems architectures, and end-to-end kill chains
- Technical working knowledge of Raytheon effector products and technologies
- Experience working both inside Raytheon and in the external Customer community
- Strong collaborative skills, and experience working across RMD Mission Area and Functional organizational units
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Raytheon business , polices, and practices
- Master’s Degree preferred
- A Current Top Secret US DOD Security Clearance