Secret … Herndon, Virginia; Norfolk, Virginia, US … Perspecta
Herndon, Virginia; Norfolk, Virginia
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation’s defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
· Creates standards for Cloud Operations and infrastructure deployment. Creates and utilizes infrastructure versioned templates that meet these standards and makes them accessible to product teams for application automated deployment.
· Consults and makes recommendations on Cloud based application deployments to ensure that they follow best practices in the areas of Security, Availability, Cost Optimization, and compliance controls.
· Coordinates across support teams to quickly resolve disruptions to technology services, performs root cause analysis, and takes preventative measures
· Reviews performance trends across the broader technology portfolio and initiates actions to address areas at risk for potential impacts
· Responsibility to optimize the resources & work on resource tagging to allocate costs and for carefully planning of budgeting, governance, and reporting.
· Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, Oracle, SAS, SQL Server etc
· Maintain cloud based devops tools such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA.
· Modify continuous integration / continuous deployment scripts using tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
· Implement, test, deploy and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to cloud-based environments (development, testing, production, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of cloud computing; virtualization technologies, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) OR Azure OR GCP
· Experience with Disaster Recovery
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
· US citizen
· Secret clearance or ability to hold a Secret clearance.
· BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7
· AWS Certified
· Extensive experience in Linux / Unix Administration
· Strong experience using Infrastructure as code
· Knowledge/experience with Hashicorp suite of tools for Cloud Management Terraform, Vault, Packer, Vagrant
· Demonstrated ability to evaluate cloud services, applications, hardware, and software.
· Concrete understanding of and background in application development using micro-service architecture.
· Scripting experience using shell, python, ansible, or terraform.
· Proven experience in developing / building pipeline and integrating with Code tools.
· To establish metrics and carefully monitor the health/utilization of AWS resources on a wide scale by making use of highly sophisticated Amazon CloudWatch.
· Experience with AppDynamics APM tool.
• Comprehensive understanding of and ability to choose (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, FaaS) solutions for a given case
• Experience on configuring and monitoring firewalls, routers, and other network devices
• Familiarity with Agile software delivery, Continuous Integration/Delivery
• At least one year of hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes, experience monitoring and operating a cluster
• Knowledge and experience with CloudFormation and Terraform for build and deployment automation
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
JBPerspecta// An Equal Opportunity Employer