– … Herndon, Virginia, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Looking for a position that has a direct impact on mission and the ability to make a difference? Raytheon is seeking an experienced AWS Developer with expertise with APX Radios. This position is on a Raytheon primed program located in Springfield, VA. This position would allow for career advancement as well as utilize cutting edge technologies and provide the opportunity to broaden your expertise in AWS and cloud. Join a team who is on the forfront of supporting our customer and their invaluabvle mission.
• Working knowledge of theory and practice underlying storage network operations
• Configuring and trouble-shooting both Windows and UNIX/LINUX based system connectivity
• Ability to utilize basic analysis tools to resolve routine network performance problems
• Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
• Write infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or similar.
• Set up of cloud infrastructure. Cloud Networks (experience in setting up and configuring commercial cloud infrastructure (AWS, Rackspace, Linix etc)
• Assist in development, testing, documentation and coordination of realizing new Comms capabilities for the customer.
• Desired- Experience with APX Radios & Coding.
• Desired/Preferred- Cisco Career Certification (CCNA)
• Experience with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
• Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
• Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
• Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
• Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
• Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
AWS Developer with APX Experience