Top Secret SSBI SCI … Marlborough, Massachusetts, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
The Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) Hardware and Infrastructure (HW&I) Engineering team has an immediate professional opening for a COTS Hardware Engineering (“Infrastructure”) Section Manager (SM). The individual is responsible for leading a team of 15-20 Electrical and Systems Engineers and work products through their lifecycle, from inception to sustainment. The SM is expected to ensure work and work products assigned to their section are completed on time and on budget and continuously improve their ability to accomplish the assigned work. The SM is also expected to participate in proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products, and professional development of personnel.
US citizenship required.
The team’s core capabilities are:
- Hardware Requirements Development
- COTS-based System Design and Implementation
- Engineering support to production and deployment
The primary responsibilities of the COTS Systems Section Manager are:
- Perform key roles on Programs for domestic and international customers
- Support the performance and career development of all the members of the section including providing open and honest feedback to all section members and creating plans for developing talent and ensuring adequate resources to meet the skill-set demands of our programs
- Oversee and provide leadership on all programs within the section (including monthly program reviews and quarterly Estimate At Complete (EAC) reviews)
- Serve as the hardware lead for proposal estimation and writing, including Basis of Estimates (certification required)
- Review and approve all proposals for new work within the section
- Work with other Mechanical and Electrical Section Managers to ensure the proper staffing of programs and proposals – including future outlook loading
- Perform special assignments as required by the Department Manager
- Ability to provide technical direction to a team of engineers for design and implementation activities using COTS-based hardware solutions such as commercial computing platforms and networking appliances
- Experience adopting and implementing DevOps tools and processes (Infrastructure build automation, container orchestration, continuous integration pipelines)
- Skilled at leading and directing activities of direct report staff
- Project management experience
- Experience developing detailed infrastructure design artifacts
- 10 years prior relevant experience
- Ability obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Demonstrated examples of organizational and team development skills
- Knowledge of both traditional and private/public cloud infrastructure designs
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and managing product line artifacts
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College and 10 years of related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Section Manager