Top Secret SSBI SCI … Herndon, Virginia, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Herndon, Virginia, United States
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer.
The right candidate will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions for a globally available application. Draw on experience with AWS services to meet requirements for resilient, durable, and scalable solutions. Design, develop and implement a touchless software pipeline using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, and/or Puppet. Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure sound Cloud solutions are enterprise ready.
In addition, the right candidate will be expected to participate in planning, implementation and growth of our AWS foundational footprint capabilities. Work closely with the team of architects, software developers, and engineers to recommend and design database or data storage solutions that effectively reflect our business needs, security and service level requirements. Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in AWS. Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS. Review coding done to advance application upgrades, extension, or other development. Analyze applications for data integrity issues. Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the/a multi-tiered managed service platform. Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation, AWS CloudFormation or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform. Write the required template documents, procedures, or guides associated with the respective managed services. Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services. Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services. May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high-end development tools to assist or facilitate development process. Facilitate development of automated solutions to monitor and support Customer software development and release processes.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a rapidly paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of Customer’s software development cycle and O&M processes
- Willing to “go the extra mile” ensuring that time critical requirements are met.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team in a very dynamic environment
- Highly mission-oriented
- Minimum of 3 years of professional AWS experience
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Python, Shell, Java and JSON)
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS core services including: EC2, S3, autoscaling, SNS, SQS, Serverless (Lambda), RDS, KMS, roles, security groups, and VPC controls.
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (CLI, ARM, Cloud SDK, etc.)
- AWS Solutions Architect certificate
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in Azure architecture.
- Up to 10% travel OCONUS, and 10% travel CONUS, as required and based on customer needs
- Nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience
Must have a TS/SCI security clearance with Current Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.169089
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer – Expert