– … Newington, Connecticut, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Newington, Connecticut, United States
United States of America
UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington, CT, 06111 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Technologies Infrastructure Services is seeking an experienced and motivated leader who will focuse on cloud and infrastructure services. As a key role in the Cloud COE, you will be responsible for leading a team of software developers and automation engineers to deliver solutions for how internal IT, Engineers & Developers adopt and interact with cloud services through our Cloud Enablement and Adoption Portal.
RTX is composed of several diverse global business units with distinct technology requirements and business models. Your team will be responsible to help increase awareness, adoption, automation, engagement and mechanisms the users of our Cloud Services can leverage as they deploy solutions, but also must account for the unique needs of each business and use case(s).
Location will be US-based remote position as we have teams in Billerica MA, Newington CT, across TX & CA and when office’s re-open ability to have an office at nearest Raytheon Campus if desired.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including defining requirements and designs; development, testing, and integration; and operations and maintenance
- Lead the team on implementation and adoption of modern Agile and DevOps processes to drive quality and efficiency throughout the SDLC
- Use design patterns and methodologies in order to build high quality systems; maintain compliance to appropriate standards.
- Identify and evaluating new technologies to increase productivity and support strategic product development
- Oversee software analysis, requirements analysis, peer review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Communicating regularly with stakeholders and business cloud leaders on product requirements and barriers of continued adoption.
- Work across Cloud COE teams definition and prioritization of new features and capabilities backlog to align on overall cloud roadmap
Accomplishments (in the first year):
- Launch new Internal Cloud Adoption & Enablement Portal with a 3 year roadmap.
- Work with the Learning & Development team to establish a Cloud Skills & Certification program
- Expand visibility and engagement of the Cloud Community of Practice
- Partner across organizations to help accelerate cloud adoption
- Define, publish, and meet SLA metrics
- Complete IT Security and ITC assessments and remediation
8 Years Experience with BS or BA Degree in a technical program desired
Or Advanced Degree with 5 years experience desired
- 8+ years relevant work experience using SW Development tools.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in some aspect of product development / product management with digital teams in an enterprise environment with full understanding of agile software development life cycle
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure product priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Experience in a full product lifecycle, from concept to prod release
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Working knowledge of behavior driven development and /or Specification By Example (SBE) with ability to document user stories, epics and themes with examples a plus.
- Knowledge with teamwork and project tools like Portfolio, Confluence, Jira, GitHub,
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and technical skills are essential. Ability to build and maintain customer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
- Initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge
- Technical understanding Cloud and infrastructure services, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, and on-premise networking, servers and storage
- Ability to balance production enterprise IT maturity with cloud agility
- Effective communication and documentation skills with technical and non-technical colleagues in a way that engages and motivates them are a core requirement for this role
- Passion for people management and mentorship.
- Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
- Ability to travel to business locations (primarily domestic) 20% of the time once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Remote Work Available
US Citizenship Required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cloud COE Community Engagement Leader