– … Newington, Connecticut, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Newington, Connecticut, United States
United States of America
UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington, CT, 06111 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
The Raytheon Technologies Corporate Core Network Services organization is currently recruiting for a Cloud Network Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be expected to engage with internal UTC business units to evaluate network security issues, propose design options, and work with network engineers and implement new cloud firewall deployments from a network and security policy perspective.
The candidate is expected to be proficient on cloud firewall administration with at least 7 years of firewall management experience and a strong networking background. Expertise in DNS, is desired.
The position requires:
- Experience with administration and deployment of Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewall, Azure, private, and AWS clouds
- Network and security architecture and design experience around AWS VPC and DirectConnect supporting high availability and secured AWS zones and VPCs
- Network and security architecture and design experience around Azure and ExpressRoutes
- Comprehensive understanding of network security best practices and evaluating security requests for implementation
- Thorough understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
- BGP routing experience with private and public clouds
- Design, implement and support private and public peering for cloud exchanges with best practices in mind for routing and firewalls
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud authentication mechanisms
- Sound project leadership and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility for rotational on-call duties
– 7+ years of experience in network security
– Checkpoint or similar firewall expertise
– Skilled understanding of network routing protocols
– Thorough understanding of DNS
7 Years Experience with BS or BA Degree in a technical program desired
Or Advanced Degree with 5 years experience desired
Remote Work Available
US Citizen Required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cloud Network Security Engineer JBRTXSKNET