– … Morrisville, North Carolina, US … RTX Raytheon Technologies
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
This position is CONTINGENT upon funding, an open position, customer approval, completion of a favorable background investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain a USPS sensitive clearance.
An experienced Threat Detection Specialist in needed to support evening shift (3:30PM-11:30PM ET) in Morrisville, NC.
• Identification of Cybersecurity problems which may require mitigating controls
• Analyze network traffic to identify exploit or intrusion related attempts
• Recommend detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts
• Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies
• Escalate items which require further investigation to other members of the Threat Management team
• Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents
• The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person status and be eligible to obtain authorization.
• 6+ years IT security experience and a Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years’ experience in network traffic analysis
• Strong working knowledge of:
• Boolean Logic
• TCP/IP Fundamentals
• Network Level Exploits
• Threat Management
• Regular Expressions
• Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies
• Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations
• Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Desired Certifications (one or more desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GCIH, GSEC, or GSE
* Relocation is not offered
* This is a full-time salaried position
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
JBRTX Raytheon // An Equal Opportunity Employer
Cyber Threat Detection Specialist JBRTXSKCYB JBRTXSKINT