The System Administrator (ACE Block II) maintains and supports the Distributed Common Ground System-Army (DCGS-A) Fixed Site systems. Supports U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. This will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations. This position will be located at Ft. Gordon, GA (Augusta, GA).
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Unix operating environments.
- Configure Unix based server / client relationship environments.
- Maintain all client systems with prescribed user application tool sets.
- Ensure the full functionality of all servers and associated storage devices.
- Ensure the full functionality of all assigned client workstations.
- Ensure message traffic is flowing into the system, being automatically processed, and parsed into the database.
- Manage database storage, and data integrity for the system databases.
- Manage Oracle RDBMS tablespace.
- Perform system clean-up of databases and logs.
- Ensure all servers are appropriately associated to the DCGS-A Backup/Archive solution and verify that backup jobs have been completed per schedule.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Ensure IA standards compliance on all assigned systems.
- Perform routine manual checks of all assigned Unix based systems for system IA anomalies using appropriate tools, scripts, and documentation.
May be required to work as Tier I, II, and II Support.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus).
- Advanced Knowledge of the Solaris Unix Operating system and command line environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the Oracle database management systems. Preferably 10g or 11g.
- Knowledge of DCGS-A Mobile Systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle database administration, Unix system administration, CISCO Switches, and Windows Server 2012R2.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advance Course is desirable.
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ACE BLK II installation and setup.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Preferred CE Oracle Certified Associate (Oracle Solaris 10 OS).
- Desirable application experience with ACE BLK II, ASA-All Source, ASAS-Single Source, ASAS-Light, ASA- RWS BLK II.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related technical discipline and 3 years of professional work experience is required. 3 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Normal demands are associated with an office environment. Ability to work on a computer for extended periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. May be requested to work past regular hours and weekends for special projects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a fulltime temporary position.
This position may require travel to Continental US (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).
Requires a TS/SCI security clearance. Employment is contingent on having or obtaining the required active security clearance or successfully passing the required background check, as well as other factors, including, but not limited to, drug screens.
JBZTX JBMSC // Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system.