Zapata Technology is seeking a Network Engineer as part of a skilled IT team that works independently to perform engineering services to analyze network/hardware systems & design the architecture to manage networks of distinct classification levels. This position is located in Augusta, GA.
- Complete break/fix actions, and provide support to project and STO activities
- Provide support to network design/architecture through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex network issues
- Performs installation, refresh, and modernization of network components and related services, remotely and on site
- Implements and sustains Campus Area Networks (CANs), with knowledge of Wide Area Networks (WANs), wired and wireless, Data Center Networks/Interfaces (DCN/DCI), Network Security (NETSEC)
- Conduct network/site surveys, and prepares test reports, if required
- Configures (and documents configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment
- Analyzes network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput, latency, capacity, availability), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of network configurations
- Works tickets supporting the above requirements, within service-level agreement timeframes
- Must have Cisco experience
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP/Sec+, or equivalent, certification or higher required
- Cisco CCNA preferred
- (8) years of network experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Requires TS/SCI clearance with poly
Must be willing to support travel requirements to other sites within the region, generally 1-3 days in length, including travel time (10%)
JBZTX // Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system.