The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
Required Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Write or review software and system documentation
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
Demonstrated ability to utilize virtualization technologies (preferably VMware) in a development and testing environment.
A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably technical, and 14-19 years of relevant experience. A really strong OO developer with any sort of EE background is sought.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a regular full-time position.
Requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with poly
CONTACT Bill Golden at WGolden@IntelligenceCareers.com for more info about this position
JBDODHHZTX JBMSC // Equal Opportunity Employer
DoDHeadhunter, aka IntelligenceCareers.com, is seeking to connect a qualified candidate on behalf of a DoD and/or IC employer. DoDHeadhunter represents only equal opportunity employers.