Springfield VA US
Leidos is seeking a Korean Toponymist Apprentice level (Geospatial Linguist) candidate to support a customer site in Springfield, VA.
Active TS/SCI clearance required.
The Korean Toponymist (Geospatial Linguist) shall analyze and conflate information associated with feature data listed in the Geographic Names Database (GNDB) while working closely with Intelligence Community (IC) geographic names experts. Selected candidate will use agency guidance and policies to respond to questions concerning the proper and correct usage of names, various Romanization systems, and the treatment of descriptive information on standard products. These services will use the Geographic Names Processing Systems (GNPS), charts, imagery and geospatial tools to refine names information for use in all types of products and to respond to use question via the Ad Hoc Query process. In addition, the candidate will prepare files and maps for work, accurately entering data to maintain and update the GNDB, including batching the completed work into the GNDB. The accuracy and reliability of the selected candidate’s work is essential to the missions of these users.
- Selected candidate will scan and geo-reference hardcopy maps, research, and order geospatial data sources and commercial imagery to use as reference sources
- Georeferenced maps and imagery must be conflated with the GNDB
Selected candidate will interpret and apply national and international policies governing the treatment of and general guidelines emanating from the US Board on Geographic Names (US BGN), the Department of State (DoS), the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and other related organizations
- HS Diploma and 1 to 3 years relevant intelligence experience.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Basic knowledge of geography, cartography/map reading skills, and understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Basic knowledge of research gathering and library functions (query, ordering, etc.)
- Minimum proficiency of Level 2 for Reading as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Proficiency Levels or the equivalent that meets or exceeds the ILR skill Level 2. Testing must have taken place within two years prior to the issuance of a Task Order
Special Requirement: Korean Toponymist Apprentice (Geospatial Linguist) must maintain a two year currency at Level 2 or higher, verified by test results submitted.
Bachelors Degree and 0-2 years of experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018.
JBLeidos / An Equal Opportunity Employer